A landscaping project can turn your home 100% better than it is now. Landscaping projects need to showcase your home’s natural side. However, this doesn’t mean that every piece of it should be plants and flowers exclusively.
One of the core parts of a landscaping project is decorative stones which can be used as the star of your project. Decorative stones are distinguished by their size, shape, and colour. Many landscaping projects benefit from decorative stones and the style they add to a garden.
There are many types of decorative stones out there but if you want something beautiful and memorable, then you might want to consider one of these stones.
Limestone is a type of decorative stone that can be applied to various parts of your home. It can be used to create natural-looking pathways and even secure walls. It can go above and beyond being used as simple decorative stones in a landscaping project. The downside to it is that it’s a bit more pricey compared to other stones.
In the last couple of years, limestones have been used to create walkways inside gardens and even patios. Limestone looks rough and rugged naturally but it can be sanded down into a variety of textures that make it a perfect fit for different garden styles.
What’s even better is that limestone can be used as a perfect complement to your budding garden. You can place it on fertiliser to help improve the structure of the soil. Additionally, limestone can be used to normalise the pH level of the soil around plants to help them grow healthily.
Black basalt is a roughly cut stone that looks similar to charcoal. It’s mostly used as a decorative stone in garden beds. However, if you want a unique touch to a pond in your landscaping project, then black basalt is the perfect complement to it.
When dry, black basalt is dark charcoal grey but when it’s wet, it’s pure black. It’s the perfect accent to water features inside a landscaping project as it adds a lot of depth and personality.
It’s a very attractive black gravel that’s a perfect topper to plant beds too. If you want to go for a rustic feel to your landscaping project, then this is the stone you’d want to own.
Some decorative stones don’t have to steal the show. They simply have to be there to support the rest of your landscaping project. One stone that can be used as a foundation for flower beds and decorative plants is pea gravel.
These are tiny little pebbles that come in vibrant colours with a hint of natural polish. These are made with the help of wind and water working hand in hand to wear down smooth big rocks to turn them into tiny pea-sized pebbles. These are mostly used as ground covering which is vital for any landscaping project.
This type of decorative stone is very light so it doesn’t stunt the growth of plants or flowers. It’s also small enough to fill the crevices between larger flagstone slates as well.
Some landscaping gurus suggest using pea gravel as a surface covering for pathways inside your garden or yard. If placed well, pea gravel makes for solid footing that also feels good when your shoes start to burrow deep with each step. It’s a relaxing feeling that’s perfect if you’re going for a relaxing or zen appeal to your landscaping garden.
- River Pebbles – These are a popular choice for decorative stones and they come in a variety of sizes. The most common size range for river pebbles is 40MM to 100MM. These pebbles can be used to create landscape designs such as paths, borders or water features. They can also be used to fill planters or beds.
- Rainbow Stone – One of the most popular uses for rainbow stone is to create decorative borders around gardens or walkways. The colourful stones add a touch of whimsy and can brighten up any landscape. Additionally, rainbow stone can also be used to accent potted plants or as a decorative topping for planters.
- Drainage Gravel – This is typically used to create decorative features such as waterfalls and streams. It can also be used to line the bottom of ponds and water gardens. In addition, drainage gravel can be used to create dry creek beds and other types of drainage systems. While it is most commonly used in landscaping projects, this can also be used in pathways, driveways and even construction projects.
- Summerstone – On average, it is sized to 20mm in size and is available in a range of colours. Summerstone can be used to create pathways, borders and garden beds. It is also ideal for decorative mulch. Summerstone is a durable and low-maintenance product that will add beauty and value to your home.
- Coffee Rock Spalls – These stones are available in a range of sizes, from 100mm to 500mm and can be used for a variety of purposes. Whether you’re looking to create a path or border in your garden or simply want to add some decorative flair to your landscaping, coffee rock spalls are an excellent option. In addition to their visual appeal, these stones are also highly durable and can withstand heavy traffic without becoming damaged.
These decorative stones are perfect for a variety of projects. At the end of the day, it’s completely up to you how your next landscaping project should go. Just keep in mind that a perfectly balanced yard or garden should have a mix of flowers, plants, and decorative stones.
Contact Mazzega’s Landscaping Services for the ideal stones and gravel for your garden!